Prime City Participants

Plock Prime Business Destination

Category: Mid – Sized Cities

Plock 1Prime city 

Europe Business Assembly was proud to induct Płock into the Prime Business Destination programme. Płock was introduced at the London ' Achievements Forum' 21st April 2015.

Plock 2

 In a ranking of Poland’s most picturesquely located cities, Płock would surely top the list. This old town, full of magnificent monuments, is perched on a nearly 50 meter high slope over the Vistula river and dominates the Mazovian plain. The oldest found traces of the settlement date back to the period of the Lusatian Culture, later probably the hill was not inhabited.

Plock 3

 At the London forum Mr. Andrej Nowakowski, mayor of Płock presented the city’s developments and investment opportunities. After this Płock was presented the Flag and certificate of investment attractiveness.

Plock 4To symbolise future cooperation and promotion of city and regions investment potential memorandums were signed


About city

herb Plock COA 1.svg

 

http://www.plock.eu/pl/

 

 

Plock 5The development of Płock involves creation of foundations of the state of the first Piasts. The stronghold surrounded by earth embankment in the north was founded during the reign of Mieszko I; in the first half of the 11th century, the defensive fortifications covered the whole hill. Already at that time, at the place of the future cathedral, there was a church and a small stone rotunda nearby. Płock was one of "stations" of Boleslaus Chrobry, who was continuously traveling around his state. Probably it is from where St. Bruno of Kwerfurt set out to Prussia with his last Christianization mission.

 

Plock 6From the second half of the 11th century, Płock gained importance when, in 1075, it became the capital of the newly created Mazovian episcopate and the seat of the rulers of Poland - Władysław Herman and Boleslaus the Wry-Mouthed. Residences were created for the bishop, for the duke, his family and numerous court. The first spouse of Herman was Judith of Bohemia, the mother of Boleslaus, the second one was Judith Maria, daughter of Emperor Henry III. Stone buildings were erected - the first cathedral and the duke's chapel. After a devastating invasion of the Pomeranians in 1126, when an outstanding organizer and patron of the arts, Alexander of Malonne became the bishop, the construction of a new cathedral began. At the place of the previous one, an impressive Romanesque temple from granite ashlars was erected, the largest building in the then Poland.

 

Consecrated in 1144, in the next decade it was decorated with the doors of bronze, made in Magdeburg. Currently, their faithful copy can be found in the porch. Probably in 13th century, they were robbed during one of the Lithuanian-Russian invasions and brought to Veliky Novgorod. Also a stone mansion was built - a several-floor residential tower, the relics of which, visible until today, were the basis for the future castle donjon (Clock Tower). The presence of a great temple and seat of the bishop significantly improved the importance of Płock when, after division into provinces, it was nothing more than the capital of the Dukes of Mazovia.

 

The first period of "the golden century" ended finally in the early 13th century with the intensified attacks of Prussians, Yotvingians and Lithuanians. within this century the town was conquered and burnt five times. In the late 13th century, Duke Boleslaus II started erecting of defensive walls at the place of embankments, which soon saved the castle three times against the armies of Władysław the Short, Czechs and Teutonic knights. Also a new Gothic mansion was created, at the wall from the side of the Vistula River. When Duke Boleslaus III deceased without descendants, in 1351 Płock passed for 20 years under the reign of King Kazimierz the Great. At that time, the town was surrounded by defensive walls, and the whole castle hill was strengthened with the second ring of gigantic walls with turrets and a high gate tower (Noblemen's Tower), the symbol of the royal authority. In the next century, a more convenient access was created to the castle through a new double gate in walls next to the tower, which, over time, began to serve as prison.

Finally, the kingdom was incorporated into the Crown by John I Albert in 1495, after the decease of Janusz II, the last Duke of Płock. The castle lost much of the former splendor of the duke's residence, it was administered by royal governors until the partitions. Its area, apart from representative buildings, housed numerous wooden farm buildings and small houses for officials and lower level cathedral clergy. At least from the 15th century, the Episcopal Curia and houses of canons were situated in the area of the today's Narutowicza Square.

 

In 1530, a thunder stroke caused a great fire and destruction of the cathedral. The reconstruction began and soon another disaster occurred. In spite of repair-construction works in the castle, conducted from 1517, in consequence of washout and sliding of the scarp, "the most beautiful part of the castle along with the hill tumbled down to the Vistula River". In such words bishop Krzycki wrote to Queen Bona, who, at that time, received from Sigismund the Old the Płock land in annuity. The remnants were the former, grand Gothic mansion of the Dukes of Mazovia between the walls, connected through galleries with an Italian style tenement house with a viewing terrace over the Vistula River. Apart from Bona, Queen Ann Jagiellon was a frequent guest for years. Also kings stayed there for a short period: Sigismund August, Sigismund Vase, Władysław IV and Jan Kazimierz. Wars with Sweden brought about breathtaking effects. During "the Swedish Deluge" the castle and town were seized, robbed and devastated twice. In 1705, combats of Russians with Swedes in the castle resulted in ruined buildings and walls. Walls being gradually dismantled from 1840s remained in substantial fragments from the side of the town till the early 19th century.

 

The second important building on the Tumskie Hill is a former Benedictine abbey, the presence of which dates back to the beginning of the Christianization of Mazovia. in the 11th century, they owned St. Laurent's Church, and in the 12th century they created a new St. Adelbert's abbey. Probably they created also the first cathedral chapter of the Płock diocese, established in 1075. In 1538, they received from King Sigismund the Old the area with the oldest buildings of the town from the 12th century. They erected a new abbey with a late-Gothic church adjacent to the Noblemen's Tower as well as monastery buildings along the defensive wall. In the early 17th century, a wing between the church and the Clock Tower closed the yard. The St. Adelbert's Church was given a rich early Baroque decor with marble, 

monumental main altar and portal, designed by the royal architect, Mateo Castello. Wars with Sweden did not spare the abbey, either. Particularly great losses were suffered in 1705, when it was completely robbed, and the library and the archive were burnt. in 1781, the Benedictine monks were transferred to Pułtusk. The seminary transferred from the House under the Horns was located in the buildings. in 1856, to expand the school, the church was dismantled and divided into three storey building. The altar was transferred to the parish church, and the portal to Bądków Kościelny. After the January Uprising, the buildings were taken over by Russian authorities that established there state female secondary school, which operated until World War 1. in the inter-war period, it housed a music school for organists and private apartments. in the 1960s, after a thorough refurbishment and adaptation, the Mazovian Museum was transferred here and open to the public in 1973. Since 2005, the museum has been located in an Art Nouveau tenement house at 8 Tumska Street. After another refurbishment, the former Benedictine abbey, along with a small building next to the cathedral, erected in 1903 for museum purposes, form the Diocesan Museum.
Starting from 16th century, the area being property of the church was increasing systematically, and finally the whole area of the castle hill became the property of the bishop. The remnants of the old medieval castle are only the Clock Tower – former turret, raised and reconstructed approximately in 1492 to a cathedral bell tower, in the late 17th century covered with a Baroque cupola, and the Noblemen's Tower, lowered by half until the first half of 1796. Also a fragment of the wall to which the wing of the Benedictine monastery was adjacent has been preserved. in the 1820s, the area of the hill was leveled and arranged, a park was founded, planted with horse chestnuts, called by the Płock inhabitants as "Za Tumem".
Currently, Płock is almost 130-thousand town in which more than one fourth of the inhabitants are under 20 years of age. Płock is academic town. Almost 12 thousand students study here at six universities, both of technology and arts.
Płock is a perfect idea to spend your free time. The town full of charm and historical curiosities can take pride in many interesting monuments and places. The Cathedral Basilica, the treasury in the Diocesan Museum , Art Nouveau in the Mazovian Museum, the oldest school in Poland - th "Małachowianka", or the God's Mercy Sanctuary are just some of must-see places in Płock. It is worth coming here with the whole family, as children can experience a number of attractions. The biggest of them is a beautifully located zoological garden in which over 3.500 animals live.
The town creates also good conditions for active rest and leisure. Many people envy the Płock inhabitants the beach and watering place – the Sobótka Lake. In Płock there are a sports-entertainment hall, three stadiums, three swimming pools, sports arena with a climbing wall, tennis courts, yacht harbor, airport of the flying club and two ice rinks in the winter period. The pride of the town are the Płock handball players of ORLEN WISŁA Płock (Champion of Poland in the season 2010/2011), the games of which can be viewed in a modern sports-entertainment hall ORLEN ARENA. On the other hand, the Kazimierz Górski Stadium is a place of struggles of WISŁA PŁOCK, playing in the first division. The town has also Olympians and medalists of the World and European Championship in other disciplines, such as: martial arts, rowing, tennis of the disabled.
A clear advantage of Płock is a direct vicinity of extensive forests and a few dozen charming lakes of the Gostyniń Lake District, creating ideal conditions for hiking and cycling, as well as for practicing water sports.
Płock is also a strong business center of a diverse industrial structure, focused on innovation, modern technologies and success in business. Dominating industries in the town are fuel-power, chemical, machine, clothing, food and construction-installation industries. Among others, one of the largest companies in Central - East Europe, tycoon on the fuel market in Poland - Polski Koncern Naftowy ORLEN S.A is seated here.
Płock magic consists in a special charm that makes the history co-exist with the present.


Economy and Investments


INDUSTRIAL PŁOCK
THE CITY OF ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES
Płock is a multi-industry centre open to new investments. There are not many cities in the Region of Mazovia, that could match Płock’s potential and growth dynamics.
The city with impressive economic strength and thriving businesses, the leaders of many industries, Płock is boldly building its future. Some of city’s big businesses include: the Central and Eastern Europe oil giant PKN Orlen S.A.; the clothing tycoon Levi Strauss Poland Sp. z o.o.; Poland's largest farming machine producer CNH Polska Sp. z o.o.; a leading manufacturer of roofing products BUDMAT; and the leader of confectionery market Dr. Oetker Sp. z o.o.
What attracted all of them to Płock were city's excellent investment conditions.
Płock keeps moving forward, aiming to provide investors with even better terms. Some of the solutions aiming to attract new investors and facilitate operation of the existing ones include city’s support for public and private partnership, development of Płock’s chemical cluster, operating as an unstructured network of connections between chemical and chemistry - related businesses, and delivering new infrastructural developments.
To spice up the Plock investment offer, it is necessary to address the challenges potential investors face on their way. These include primarily the availability of well-prepared investment sites. Not counting the land in Płock Industrial and Technological Park, the City is adjusting more than 44 hectares of investment areas to be covered Special Economic Zone.
Last year, the City completed the EU-funded project "Preparation of new investment areas in the Municipality - City Plock". We have developed detailed documentation for three investment areas: the Vistula River Waterfront, Brzeźnica Ravine and the Airport. The documentation includes, among others, technical and legal analysis, spatial development concept together with a feasibility study and report on the investment climate.
Płock’s economic growth rate is doomed to speed up as a result of access to city’s new attractive investment sites being increased, a new railway line between Płock and the newly commissioned Modlin airport and the capital of Poland as well as new ring roads.
The inner town’s bypass will bring invaluable change to the transportation system of Płock and the entire northern part of the Mazovia region. It will join the modernized sections of the 60 national road from Kutno to Ciechanów. The construction of its first section, joining the new bridge on the Vistula river with the 567 regional road to Góra and Płońsk, has already started. The preparations for the construction of its further parts are in progress. They will include joining of the bridge route with the road number 60 and PKN Orlen S.A. as well as Płock Industrial and Technological Park PPPT S.A. – the most attractive, fully developed investment areas within the city.
In addition to the development of investment areas resulting from the activities carried out so far, co-financed from EU funds, Płock prepares the documentation for entry into another perspective of the European Union financial support 2014-2020. The City will direct the funds to improve the road infrastructure, both related to the transport of dangerous materials, as well as to achieve the opportunity to prepare the subsequent basis for the launch of new projects in our city.
It is also worth mentioning that the city possesses excellent recreation and leisure opportunities. Płock boasts a picturesque setting, numerous monuments, historical heritage and well-developed hotel and restaurant facilities, and these are only some of its values. More and more tourists appreciate unique charm of the city. Music festivals such as Audioriver and Reggaeland (both held since 2006) have already secured an international status and have provided an additional opportunity for development of tourism and tourism-dependent sectors.
PŁOCK ATTRACTIVE TO INVESTORS
Investors view Płock as a highly credible city. In 2014, Fitch Ratings agency awarded the city with an A+ rating and stable outlook.
Also in 2012 Płock ranked 3rd among poviat cities for total amount of per capita subsidies granted to approved projects. The “Leaders in tapping EU funds – a ranking of local authorities in the Region of Masovia” was prepared by the Mazovian Center for Implementation of EU Programmes.
In 2010, Płock ranked 3rd in the 5th “Business-Friendly Local Authorities” contest in the “Municipality” category. The competition is held under patronage of the Ministry of Infrastructure and is organized by Europa 2000 Consulting Sp. z o.o. and the Mazovia Association of Trade, Industry and Services.
In a survey of Polish regions' investment attractiveness conducted by the Entrepreneurship Institute of the Warsaw School of Economics in 2013, Płock ranked 5th poviat with the highest degree of potential investment attractiveness.
The city of Płock created local law with real estate tax exemptions for the entrepreneurs up to 15 years. Tax exemption depends on the size of the investment and number of workplaces created within the company:
• Resolution regarding exemption from property tax within de minimis aid.
• Resolution regarding exemption from property tax within the programme of regional assistance of the city of Płock for new investment support for innovative entrepreneurs or those who conduct a research and development activity in the area of the city of Płock.
• Resolution regarding exemption from property tax within the programme of regional assistance for new investment support for entrepreneurs who run a business in the area of Płock Industrial and Technological Park.
Płock in figures:
- Population – 124 000
- Area – 88 km2
- Student population – 9 200
- Capital expenditures per capita – 10 300 PLN
- Businesses – 12 500
- R&D investments and innovative investments in the Ciechanów – Płock Region – 651 MM PLN

INFRASTRUCTURE
Płock lies at the very heart of Poland, around 100 km from major metropolitan areas of Poland such as Warsaw, Łódź and Toruń. State, regional and local authorities envision numerous investments aimed at improving Płock’s transport connections with other parts of Poland.
Poland’s key transport routes run nearby. Furthermore, the vicinity of Płock includes an intersection of international roads No 1 (Gdańsk – Ostrava) and No 2 (Moscow – Berlin). Scheduled for upcoming completion, the A1 North- South and A2 East-West motorways will intersect some 100 km from Płock. Plans also envision an S-10 major road that will connect Warsaw and Bydgoszcz. An exact topography of the route is still unknown, though one of possible options, lobbied for by city authorities, is in close vicinity of Płock.
Poland’s largest airport, the Warsaw’s Chopin Airport is located just 2 hours travel from Płock. The newly delivered Modlin airport, with flights to 22 European cities, is located 45 minutes from our city.
Situated less than an hour travel by car from Płock, the city of Kutno has an international railway node. The Płock airport is capable of accepting small airplanes and helicopters only. As a result of a new modernization project, this venue will be converted into a General Aviation airport.
Plans also envisage construction of a Modlin – Płock railway line aiming to connect the city with Modlin’s passenger airport and cut down the Płock-Warsaw travel time. Projects extending internal road infrastructure, especially delivery of the ring road, will substantially improve transport within the city. The primary objective of the ring-road investment will be to move the heavy transport traffic of city’s industrial part and transit coming from the direction of Warsaw, Ciechanów and Płońsk out of city’s major streets. Additionally, the ring road will link city's industrial part with railroads and improve attractiveness of some investment sites.
HUMAN CAPITAL AND EDUCATION
Płock is a young city – about 20% of its populace is under the age of 20. Over 9 000 people study at four universities.
Technological and economic sciences are taught at:
• Warsaw University of Technology, Płock Branch;
• Płock State Higher School of Vocational Education;
• Paweł Włodkowic University College in Płock;

Selected faculties offered by Płock universities:
• Technological faculties: building engineering, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical technology;
• Mathematical faculties: mathematics and computer sciences, banking and insurance mathematics, mathematical economics;
• Computer science faculties: computer graphic design and games design, programming and databases, computer networks and network operating systems, computer sciences;
• Economic faculties: economics, finance and accounting; public finance; international trade; agricultural economics; tourism economics; management and marketing for agricultural business; economics of EU agricultural and regional integration.

Another major educational institution is Centrum Edukacji Sp. z o.o., an educational centre including a technical high school that was established on the initiative of PKN ORLEN S.A.
Płock has well-developed system of post-secondary schools where sought-after professionals are educated such as welders or mechanics. Płock and its immediate vicinity (Sierpc, Gostynin, Wyszogród and Gąbin) include 18 vocational high schools and 9 high schools of general education.

PŁOCK INDUSTRIAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL PARK S.A.

PPPT S.A. is an integrated investment area of over 200 hectares, ready to welcome investors, covered by local plan of spatial development. PPPT S.A. is a joint project of an international concern of PKN ORLEN S.A. and local authorities of the City of Płock.
Location
Płock Industrial and Technological Park PPPT S.A. is located in the Northern boundaries of the town in a direct neighborhood of the refining and petrochemical facility PKN ORLEN S.A.
Central location in relation to the capitals of the Central and Eastern Europe countries and the largest cities of Poland is undoubtedly an asset. It is near to every place from our town. The most important municipal agglomerations and economic centres of Central Poland such as Warsaw, Łódź or Toruń, are about a 100 km away from Płock.
Offer of investment grounds for industrial investors
Investment grounds are divided into zones, profiled for services and production, as well as, industry and production for investors interested in having here their manufacturing centers. The PPPT S.A. investment zones are located in the direct environs of the refining and petrochemical facility of PKN ORLEN S.A., ORLEN Group Companies and main European and Polish production and service companies of the chemical industry. The grounds are equipped in all utilities necessary to run a business: water, sewage, central heating, gas networks, telecommunication and electricity. The internal network of asphalt roads is connected directly to town streets in 7 exit points, ensuring a smooth entering and leaving the zones.
Offer for BPO and R&D investors
PPPT S.A. is currently implementing its development program assuming the creation of a complex of buildings forming a Corporate Services Centre and a Central Laboratory, together with management of land designated for investors and partners of PPP-T offering modern services for business, as well as research and implementation services.
The Corporate Services Centre was designed to serve as a high-class office building with usable floor area of around 9500 m2, prepared for conducting the financial and accountancy services, ICT, human resources management, and the sale or purchase of knowledge processes, broadly conceived. The building is outfitted in modern office technology, conference halls, open-space type halls and joint-use areas.
The Central (Chemical) Laboratory buildings have a total usable floor area of around 6500 m2, offering research, development and implementation services. The complex comprises the laboratory building with technological premises and the administrative building.
Business environment
The output profile of PPPT S.A. is defined by the basic operations of PKN ORLEN S.A., Basell Orlen Polyolefins Sp. z o.o. and PCC Rokita S.A., and also the existent local production and industrial potential together with research and development units active in the field of economy related to chemistry and linked branches, the environmental protection, wastes management and recycling, logistics, financial services, research and development works, information technology and telecommunication.
The raw material and product base offered by the ORLEN Group and the companies from the nearest economic surroundings of PPPT S.A. allow for the location and conduct of wide-range industrial, production and service businesses
In the PPPT S.A. investment zones, companies from the following industries: chemical, chemical processing, general building, assembling, metalworking, heat-insulation and anticorrosion, as well as machine and industrial appliance engineering have placed their undertakings.
Support programs
The investors of PPPT S.A. may count on attractive self-government investment incentives in the field of real property tax exemption.
Investments in the territory of PPPT S.A. may be granted the status of a special economic zone which means an opportunity for the entrepreneurs to apply for an exemption from the income tax.
PPPT S.A. offers also a complex assistance package in the field of acquiring human resources which covers the organization of recruitment and staff training in compliance with the expectations of the investors.


CONSTRUCTION AND ASSEMBLY INDUSTRY

The construction and assembly industry taps into the opportunity to work with other Płock industries, including power industry, chemical industry and machine-building and metal industry, all of which largely make for Płock’s capacity. Such a symbiosis facilitates growth of the companies committed primarily to providing industrial engineering and assembly services.
Economic forecasts show that the coming years will see growth in the sector of construction services for railway, power and road industries throughout Poland. Płock companies will have more opportunities for further successes and greater expansion.
Major Płock-based businesses operating in this industry include:
• Mostostal Płock S.A. – a company delivering petrochemical buildings and installations and providing engineering and assembly services for industrial facilities;
• CENTROMOST River Shipyard in Płock Ltd. (Centromost Stocznia Rzeczna Sp. z o.o.) – a company committed to constructing and repairing river ships and barges, including elements of tankers and container ships and passenger ships.

Płock market includes a huge number of co-operators who provide high-quality subcontracting services.

FOOD INDUSTRY

Besides the sectors related to heavy industry and construction industry, Płock’s future is bound with food industry growth. These views primarily reflect city's tradition of food processing.
Płock’s opportunity for development as a food industry centre also stems from Płock’s being situated in a farming region, where a number of companies were or still are committed to food production and processing. Additionally, more and more companies, not only in Płock but also throughout the Region of Mazovia, gear their production towards production of ecological food.
One of internationally recognised companies which has based its office in Płock is Dr. Oetker Dekor Sp. z o.o., a company primarily specialising in production of confectionery goods (icing, aromas and colouring and decorative products). The enterprise is a part of the German consortium with a diversified production portfolio.

CHEMICAL AND CHEMISTRY-RELATED INDUSTRIES

The strongly developed chemical industry earned Płock its name of the Polish Chemistry Capital. The well-developed infrastructure and a supply of high-class specialists translate into high development capacity of the chemical industry in Płock.
Płock-based PKN ORLEN S.A. is an employer to 4,500 people. The oil and petrochemical centre is considered to be one of Europe’s most advanced and largest plants of this kind. It is Orlen’s presence that makes for Płock’s brand as an industrial chemistry centre. The petrochemical conglomerate plant has a wide range of materials at its disposal that can be used in a variety of ways. With long-term contracts, companies may secure supplies of materials they need.
Network of connections
The presence of the petrochemical giant attracts other companies. What emerges, as a consequence, is a network of interconnected companies working together, greatly facilitating local business environment.
Other Płock-based companies operating as part of the chemical industry include:
• Basell Orlen Polyolefins Sp. z o.o. – a producer of polyolefin used in production of numerous consumer and industrial products such as cables, pipes, modern industrial containers, textiles and packaging;
• PERN “Przyjaźń” S.A. (Oil Pipeline Operation Company „Przyjaźń” S.A.) – a company operating a network of pipelines crossing Poland;
• Liquid Fuels Petroleum Operator Ltd. (Operator Logistyczny Paliw Płynnych Sp. z o.o.) – company's primary business is storage of liquid fuels and provision of laboratory services (analysis of liquid fuels, bio-fuels and bio-components, as well as environmental protection tests);
12

- OBR JSC. (Ośrodek Badawczo-Rozwojowy Przemysłu Rafineryjnego S.A.) – a producer of oil products, plastics-based goods, protection chemicals and aviation fuels;
- Flexpol Sp. z o.o. – Polypropylene (BOPP) film production;
- PCC Exol S.A. – a producer of polyols, phosphor derivatives, chlorides, phenols and surfactants, later used in paper, textile, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industry as well as household chemicals, iron and steel industry, in power plants and the metallurgical industry.

METAL AND ENGINEERING INDUSTRY

Metal and engineering industry is a significant sector of Płock’s economy. The city is home to thriving metal-processing and machine-building enterprises. The industry enjoys good infrastructural facilities and adequate supply of well-qualified staff. The metal and engineering sector includes numerous sub-contractors and material and service providers catering to the needs of the metal and machine-building industry.
Płock’s largest metal and machine-building investor is CNH Polska Sp. z o.o., producer of machines and components used in other plants of the CNH group. The Płock plant provides jobs to 1,500 people, which makes CNH one of the largest metal and machine-building employers in Poland.
Płock companies also include Naftoremont, a part of the Polimex-Mostostal Capital Group that serves PKN ORLEN S.A. and LOTOS S.A., two largest Polish petroleum refineries.
Another Płock-based metal industry company is BUDMAT – a leading Polish producer of roofing products made of galvanised and pre-painted steel sheeting and also one of leading distributors of construction and finishing products as well as steel products.
TOURISM
Płock has unique opportunities for tourism growth. Rich historic heritage, numerous monuments, picturesque and convenient location, various cultural and economic offer make Płock attractive to business tourism sector
The best growth prospects are forecast for business and short-term (weekend) tourism, this being largely a consequence of the proximity of Warsaw, Łódź and Toruń and city's large concentration of businesses.
Płocks has many features making it an attractive tourist destination. Set upon Vistula River banks, the city boasts a magnificent setting. City's rich history meets modernity and economic development, and this is reflected in tourist attractions:
- The Old Market Square and the City Hall;
- numerous monuments: Płock Cathedral with the sarcophagus of two Polish rulers, Benedictine Abbey, remains of dukes’ Castle, the Marshal Małachowski High School recognized as the oldest school on Poland, Mazovian Museum with the Poland’s richest collection of Art Nouveau,
- famous international festivals: Audioriver i Reggaeland,
- big family events: Air Picnic, Tumski Market, Płock Historic Days, European Picnic,
- numerous attractions: zoological garden, modern amphitheatre in the shape of flying saucer, pier, Sobótka Lake – beach resort at the foot of a charming escarpment, one kilometer wide river offering fantastic conditions for sailing,
- two national landscape parks: Brudzeń Landscape Park and Gostynin-Włocławek Landscape Park,
- numerous cycling and pedestrian trails in the vicinity of the city.

The immediate vicinity of vast forests and dozens of charming lakes of the Gostynin Lakeland create ideal conditions for the enthusiasts of water sports, walking and cycling, the network of bike trails being constantly extended.
Some of development sites available are ideal for tourism-related developments. The Vistula River embankment is a perfect example. Forthcoming investments include development of 2 km of the Vistula River embankment. A yachting marina for about 300 boats is on city's agenda, too. The Sobótka Lake is likely to see a wide array of developments, including